RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 1997 Mirada 310DS S/N *****************. while

I have a 1997...

I have a 1997 Mirada 310DS S/N *****************. while cleaning the blackwater tank I had a flood. Now, no matter which buttons I push, either in or out on either slide, the bedroom slide comes in. I can get the bedroom out manually, but I can't find the manual drive access for the living room slide and I need to get it out for access to the cabinets before I take it in to be repaired.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '97 RV?

Sorry. it's a 2007, the rest is in my first post, Coachman Mirada 310DS

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am not. I need to know how to manually extend the living room slide.

7/15/2021
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 1 year ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Good afternoon! My name is ***** ***** I am a Master Certified RV Technician and have been in this business nearly 20 years and on this site for over 11 years. I have responded to over 60,000 questions, so there is not a lot I haven't seen or heard about.

Sorry for the delay in someone getting to your question here! It has been crazy busy these last few days. I used to have an RV repair facility and worked on these systems for a living. Please give me a few minutes to type up an answer here for you. And don't be alarmed if I don't get right back to you when you respond. We work on more than one question at a time here when it is busy like it is now. I may be on a phone chat with another customer and those last less than 5 minutes. Your patience is appreciated!

Thank you for bringing your question to us here at Just Answer and I am sorry to hear that you are having a problem with your slide out.  I can assist you with this issue. Randall

Most all slide out cannot easily be manually moved OUT.  If you do you would need to disconnect the drive mechanism or brake or open the bypass on the extend cylinder (if this is a hydraulically powered unit) and then manually push the room out and that usually takes a few people.  Not easy to do!  Probably better to repair the problem an do it with the controls.  That would be my suggestion here.  Randall

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Both slide outs are rack and pinion slide outs. The LCI manual shows how to manually extend and retract them (The Lippert Electric slide comes with a manual over ride system. Locate the crank extension with pin outside of the chassis main rail as, Fig. 2, page 7, shows underneath the unit on the end of the motor (If your crank extension is under the inside of the frame, please refer to page 8). This is where the crank handle (standard fifth wheel landing gear crank handle or 3/4” socket and ratchet fits on to allow the manual extension/retraction of the room, Fig. 4-5, page 8. Simply take the crank handle (through-frame models) or wrench, ratchet or drill with a nut driver (in-frame models) and rotate it clockwise to retract and counterclockwise to extend slide-out. It is important to note that you DO NOT need to attempt to disengage the motor as the actuator is “manual ready” Just hook up and crank.) I just need to know where the access panel is on the living room slide on the Mirada 310 DS to get to the spot to put the crank. I found it on the bedroom slide.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you, I'll take a look at it.

10-4

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Let's try a different question. Why, no matter which button I press, dinning room in or out or bedroom in or out, does the bedroom come on and nothing else moves?

These are sequential rooms.  If you don't want those rooms moving then turn off the knob that controls that room on the manifold.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is no manifold or knob. These are rack and pinion with separate switches for each slide and separate motors.

Are these all electric slides or hydraulic powered?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Electric

If these are not moving as you want then the controller is most likely defective.  No other reason unless someone has been messing with the wiring.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there is a separate controller somewhere in the system other than the switches?

Depending on the make and model of the slide out hardware.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, thanks. I'm trying to find a model number.

You should have a manual on this that came with the coach.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Second hand coach, no manual slide out is a Lippert model 116060. Customer part(###) ###-####
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you

You are most welcome!

Thank you for that most generous bonus!  Not necessary, but always appreciated here.