RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Coil was replaced in February, working great. went ona

Customer Question
Coil was replaced in...

Coil was replaced in February, working great. went ona roadtrip last week and refrigerator was getting 60 degrees, freezer still freezing. Temp in fridge up and down. replaced the thermister and same result. Controller bad?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your fridge?

Norcold 1200 LRIM

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Norcold refrigerator? What have you tried so far?

See above, just started on Thursday. Replaced the thermister. Same condition

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
7/6/2021
RV Mechanic: Wayne, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Wayne, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

Thank you for coming to Just Answer

Your Question is as important to us as it is to you.

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue.

I go offline at 3 pm CST. M-F

Weekend 2 pm CST for the day.

• Are you running this on LP or electric? Or does not matter, the same result?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's in an RV. It's the same on LP or 110v

Thank you for the response.

Do you get any type of flashing lights for codes?

If no, then yes, the issue is the control board.

I hope this helps you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
None, thanks

You mentioned the coil was replaced, expansion valve needs to be replaced at the same time, did you do that.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Coil came as a complete unit from manufacturer, it's an absorption unit

Morning,

OK, that is good.