RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

There’s a red light when you remove the refrigerator cover…

There’s a red light...

There’s a red light when you remove the refrigerator cover even though the ice maker or refrigerator is not plugged in.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your fridge? How old is it?

Norcold. Let me check the model nu

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Norcold refrigerator? What have you tried so far?

Just noticed today as we are planning a trip on Thursday.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My frig is a norcold 1200 series gas absorption frig.Anyone there?
7/6/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry for the delay, your question was in the appliance section and not the RV section.

The red light you are seeing under the outside access panel is a high limit and if the light is ON it has been set off.

The fridge runs on DC power not AC power, the DC power is needed to run the circuit board, so the fridge will still turn on if the fridge is unplugged.

To reset the sensor get a strong magnet and it hold it right on the sensor above the light for about 30 seconds, inside the sensor is a reed switch and a magnet should reset it. IF the sensor will not reset or it comes back on after the reset then I would have it looked at. Low DC battery voltage can cause it to go off or if you are having a high temp condition and that is normally a cooling unit problem.

Again sorry for the delay and if you do need more help with this please feel free to contact me, I am around daily and respond when I can.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic