RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Shot it with Camping world and they said it was the optical…

Customer Question
Shot it with Camping...

Shot it with Camping world and they said it was the optical control board. We spent 187 dollars and it is still doing the same thing

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?

Model is N7X Norcold. 2018

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Norcold appliance? What have you tried so far?

Since we left on our 6 weeks vacation. We ordered the part and picked it up today. Last time we used the frig was 3 weeks ago.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Appliance Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Well the red light flashes 10 times then rests for 5 seconds then starts again. It won't let us turn to gas or electric and it won't turn green.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
7/2/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks, Robert

This code is a communication fault, it means the circuit board is not communicating with the fridge. What you might want to try is take away the DC power from the circuit board, the circuit board is under the outside access panel. On the board will be 12 VDC and GND, disconnect the wires for several mins. Make sure you also have good DC battery voltage.

This code is not the one you want to see, as the fridge may need to be replaced if the wiring harness is shorted out. Below is a service manual, if you have a volt meter you can test the components, only way to know what the issue is. See link below page 34 for detailed troubleshooting. At NO point does it say to replace the optical control board.

Robert

https://norcold.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/639410C_SM_Polar_N7N8-1EN.pdf