RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

It was not working when we arrived today, it was plugged in…

Customer Question
It was not working...

It was not working when we arrived today, it was plugged in and it has power. We switched to LP and it is trying to get colder, I think. It is the 121X series refridgerator.

Mechanic's Assistant: Who makes your fridge? How old is it?

Norcold and 9 years

Mechanic's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Norcold refrigerator?

We shut it down and restarted it. we found out when we got to the campground that the power had been off for about 2 hours yesterday, but it should have switched to LPG automatically but didn't. The mode was set auto

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Appliance Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I don't think so

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
7/1/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Right now does the fridge turn on? I understand the part about it not lighting off on propane but want to make sure the display and interior light is ON?

Thanks, Robert

IF you are getting a NO FL code it means the fridge failed to light off on propane, several items can cause this.

Go to the outside access panel and remove it, locate the vertical flue pipe at the bottom of the pipe is a metal protection cover. Remove the protection cover and you will see a burner tube that is slotted and the electrode. Get an air nozzle and blow out the burner tube really good sometimes bugs and spiders can get inside the tube. Make sure the electrode is 3/16" over the burner tube. When the electrode sparks it should only spark out the tip, if it was sparking to ground it would be a problem.

I would then try and start it on propane and verify the electrode is sparking, if the electrode is not sparking it could be bad or the circuit board. IF the electrode is sparking then I might go to the propane tank, shut the valve then slowly open it up and run a stove burner for several mins and try the fridge again.

IF the fridge will not turn on OR you are getting a different code please let me know.

I am around daily and respond when I can.

Robert