RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Everything. Its falling apart. Our light over the table fell…

Everything. Its falling apart...

Everything. Its falling apart. Our light over the table fell off on our first trip. Tore the ceiling so now we have a hole. The poles to hang clothes on have fallen off, only one screw. We just got back from our third trip and when I put the slide out I find another Acres

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Another screw that fell off tore up our floor and the electrical wires under the slide out.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

A hanging light fixture over the table

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Forest rivet surveyor legend 2021 252RBLE fix it no......

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I don't think so

6/27/2021
RV Mechanic: Brian, Certified RV Tech replied 1 year ago
Brian
Brian, Certified RV Tech

Hello, thank you for reaching out to JustAnswer.com.  I’m sorry to hear that you’re having these issues.  My name is ***** ***** I’d like to assist you.  How can I assist you as this was a long list?

If you receive a message about a phone call, that is not me requesting it.  The automated system from JustAnswer.com offers it as an extended service.  If you would like to do a phone call, I will accept it but please know that it is an upcharge from JustAnswer.com.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not sure. One thing for sure is are these items covered under warrantyWe will be calling our RV center tomorrow. We are extremely disappointed in this product

I can completely understand that and I agree, that it should be covered with a new coach.  Is there anything that I can assist you with for the question you submitted?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Maybe not I was hoping to speak to a forest River rep I probably contacted the wrong site. Do you have any suggestions?

Unfortunately here, we are all service technicians that work on the coaches and most of us are independent or Mobile RV Technicians.  I absolutely do!  Stand by for next message

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you

Write EVERYTHING you found down and give them the list.  They will schedule it to go into service.  Before taking it in, you can also (out of pocket expense here) have it inspected by an independent inspector that is certified to see if there are any other issues that you haven't found yet.  If they find some, you can add it to the list of things to be repaired.  Now, please keep in mind....doing that inspection part, the dealership will be a little concerned as to why these things were not found during the PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection).

Down side of all of this.  You're likely going to lose your coach for a while for them to fix it.  This means you're eating away at warranty time.  You could have a conversation with the dealership about this but they might not offer any fix to give you more time.  They will likely not but it never hurts to ask because the worst they can say is no.

You can also call the Forrest River and ask about having the vehicle fixed at the factory if you lose confidence in your dealership.  This will take much longer though to get your coach fixed.

Finally, you can also try to see if FR will authorize a mobile technician that is allowed to do warranty work for them to do the repair for you at your site/home.  The only negative to this is normally, you'll need to pay the mobile tech all of the money and submit the invoice/ticket back to FR and they will pay you back.  This process is lengthy at times but can be an alternative to the dealership game.

Again, I'm really sorry to hear that your experience with this new coach has been less than ideal.  Is there anything else I may assist you with today?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok that is great info. Much appreciated

You're very welcome!  Is there anything else I may assist you with today?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No thank you

You're welcome!  Thank you for using JustAnswer.com.  Please feel free to utilize the system again should you have any questions and someone will be with you as soon as possible. When you get a moment, could you please rate my service to you.  Good or bad, JustAnswer.com and I would like to know how I am doing so we can all improve.  Have a great day and happy travels! -Brian

Brian
Brian, Certified RV Tech