RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2017 RV, Forester. Norcold refrigerator. light is…

I have a 2017...

I have a 2017 RV, Forester. Norcold refrigerator. Green light is on, but the inside is warm

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you know the model of your Norcold fridge? How old is it?

I bought the RV new in 2017

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Norcold refrigerator? What have you tried so far?

I used the RV last October, all okay. Electric power hock up through out the winter. Didn't look inside until today

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Appliance Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I don't know anything else

6/23/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Robert

When you diagnose a cooling problem you need to run it on both sources for at least 8 hours on both sources, if you have the same issue on both propane and electric the cooling unit, thermistor or possibly a fan is the problem.

IF your fridge is in a slide out it should have a fan and you should hear it cycle on and off.

The thermistor is also suspect on many Norcolds you can disconnect it to put the fridge into a full cooling cycle, if you can tell me the model I can tell you if that is possible.

Finally the cooling unit is suspect, inside the cooling unit is an ammonia solution and it needs to circulate around the coils, when the the circulation stops you loose cooling in the box. Make sure the fridge is level and what you may want to try is to tap the tubes that run back and forth on the backside of the fridge, tap them with a rubber mallet and then give the fridge a few hours and see if the box gets cold. Once a cooling unit becomes blocked it normally needs to be replaced, sometimes tapping the tubes will help get the ammonia solution going again.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I need about 10 minutes to get information on model

10-4 Should be a sticker inside the fridge to the right, most start with the letter N and then number.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
N611vrt
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will try the propane method tomorrow.

Sounds good, I will be gone until Sunday going on a little mini vacation not sure if I will have cell service where I am going.

Have a great day.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will be gone for two weeksThanks for the help

No problem at all!

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic