RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My grey water tank does not appear to be filling up despite…

My grey water tank...

My grey water tank does not appear to be filling up despite use...

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2021 Cherokee grey wolf 22mkse

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

Keep checking level in tank, still zero. This is my first trip

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Don't have sewer hook up at site

6/22/2021
RV Mechanic: Brian, Certified RV Tech replied 1 year ago
Brian
Brian, Certified RV Tech

Hello, thank you for reaching out to JustAnswer.com.  I’m sorry to hear that you’re having this issue.  My name is ***** ***** I’d like to assist you with this.  Please give me a moment to type up a response.

If you receive a message about a phone call, that is not me requesting it.  The automated system from JustAnswer.com offers it as an extended service.  If you would like to do a phone call, I will accept it but please know that it is an upcharge from JustAnswer.com.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tx!

I just have a clarifying question to better help me serve you.  When you say checking, you mean pressing the level lights on the information panel right?

Understood.  Thank you for answering that.  Final question, have you put a decent amount of water into the gray tank so far?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've definitely Use enough water for it to register something

haha, excellent!  Stand by, I'll send some information in next text.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ty!

Your gray tank has 4 sensors on them (normally) that are just electrodes.  As soon as they sense liquid, it sends the signal that it is at that level.  If you're not getting that signal, I would start at the gray tank (which is under your cover in the underbelly) to check and ensure the wires are connected still.  After that, I would verify that they are in the right position (normally, again, this shouldn't be an issue).

Gray water is normally ok to drain in public areas BUT you have to check on the local laws first.  Most states have no issue but local counties do.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll check

Ok.  I'll be standing by.  Feel free to send pictures through here as well if you have questions

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just checkedThe underneath the wires appear to be connected however when I tap on the Gray water tankIt's Definitely emptyThere is a slight drip from the Gray water pipe But it's very slowAny chance it's going into the black water tank

Yes.  There is always that chance which would be super not good.  You'd have to trace the lines and see.  I would say to turn a sink on and listen to which tank is making noise, but with no hook up's, I wouldn't want to take up space.  Again, (sorry for the distraction there), yes it could if someone hooked it up improperly.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are the hoses flexible ones or fixed pvc
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for the help!

I would say the flexible as gray but normally it's the black PVC-looking pipes for the wastewater system (small is gray big is black).  If they used flexible, I would want to see where and why especially if it wasn't on a slide out system.  Fixed pipes are the norm.

Wires look good.  I didn't see any pulled away or anything that looked improper for the wiring via picture.  With it being so new, I'm assuming you're under warranty.  You could call the dealership's service center and request they send a tech out or authorize a mobile rv technician to come look and repair it.  If they say no, you can call the manufacturer and request it as well.  The manufacturer would be more on the yes than no to do so and cover under warranty.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Cool beans. Will do. Thank you!

You're welcome!  Anything else I can assist you with today?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not yet lol!

You're welcome!  Thank you for using JustAnswer.com.  Please feel free to utilize the system again should you have any questions and someone will be with you as soon as possible. When you get a moment, could you please rate my service to you.  Good or bad, JustAnswer.com and I would like to know how I am doing so we can all improve.  Have a great day and happy travels! -Brian

Brian
Brian, Certified RV Tech