RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2021 Jayco rlts, heard a loud pop sound, lost all 110 power.

2021 Jayco rlts, heard...

2021 Jayco rlts, heard a loud pop sound, lost all 110 power. I have power shoreline to outside receptacle, no fuses or circuit breakers popped, no power to gfci,

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Did diagnostic check and found open load warnings on lines 23 & 24

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '21 RV?

2021 Jayco rlts

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am troubleshooting. Checked all fuses, circuit breakers, shoreline power

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

That’s all

6/21/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

The incoming AC power will come in right to the breaker panel if you do NOT have a generator built into the RV, if you have a generator then the AC power will go to a transfer switch before the breaker panel. The only thing I can think of that would make a loud pop is the power converter or transfer switch.

When troubleshooting this I would have the RV plugged in direct meaning no adapters or extension cords. If you are using any adapters or trying to plug into a standard 110 house outlet with the RV it can cause all kinds of issues, if you plugged into a 220 outlet it can damage the power converter and appliances, some owners will plug into a welder or dryer outlet and that is a big issue, in a RV a 30 amp service  is one hot leg of 120 coming into the RV, not 220. A 50 amp service is 2 hot legs of 120 coming in not 220/240 direct.

What I might suggest being a 2021 is have the dealer take a look at this for you under warranty, be careful what you disclose plugging into a 220 outlet or a standard 110 house outlet may void any warranty.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic