RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have an electrical warning going off. But cannot find what…

I have an electrical...

I have an electrical warning going off. But cannot find what it means. Do you have any tips?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2019 Fourwinds Motorcoach

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked the propane and carbon monoxide, fuse panels, and GFCIs to see if anything is tripped yes, we are on a road trip in the middle of nowhere

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.

I’m not sure where the second one is Thank you for the tip though

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Some of the electrical systems do not seem to be working currently, like the fridge is off even though the vehicle is running (at a gas station) and there is a chirping alarm every 40 seconds or so

6/19/2021
RV Mechanic: Nachum Wagschal, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Nachum Wagschal
Nachum Wagschal, RV Mechanic

Good AFternoon,

Are you sure its not a smoke detector with a dead battery ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Positive.All of the lights on the electrical panel are flashingPrefer chatting via text.

Is your coach battery dead ?

Normally alarms are either

steps not retracted , seats not locked forward or awning not in

text is fine

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It may be dead. It hasn’t been charging when we have stopped and plugged in the AC adapter overnightThe lights and fridge aren’t working even when the vehicle is turned onIs there a way to reset the batteries to check if that’s the problem?Also, is the only solution to have the batteries replaced?

is the coach battery disconnected ? I would check that .

otherwise just check the batteries with a voltmeter , or you can try jumping them with cables from a car

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Would the coach batteries dying be the reason they couldn’t recharge overnight when plugged into power?

If they are bad , they wont hold a charge .

If they are totally dead the charger may not see them and wont turn the charger on

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay. Thanks for the tip.

you are welcome , let me know if you need anything else

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will, thank you.

my pleasure

Nachum Wagschal
Nachum Wagschal, RV Mechanic