RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Norcold 2017 RV refrigerator 2700 BTU - model no.

Customer Question
I have a Norcold...

I have a Norcold 2017 RV refrigerator 2700 BTU - model no. 1210. No FL error code for propane cooling. It is working fine on AC. My propane is open and full.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you know the model of your Norcold fridge? How old is it?

In the first entry Model No 1210 and it is about 4 yrs old

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Norcold refrigerator? What have you tried so far?

Checked the back panel (outside of RV) all connections look solid and clean. No debris. tried cycling between AC/LP and it keeps coding on LP. I do not hear the ignitor trying to light

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Appliance Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Don't thinks so

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
6/16/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks, Robert

What I would do if you have not done so is locate the small metal protection cover at the bottom of the flue and clean out the burner tube and make sure the electrode is 3/16" over the tube, you can also get a good view if it is trying to spark or not.

IF it is NOT sparking then the electrode or circuit board is the problem, also the board should be sending voltage to the gas solenoid at the same time so you should be getting a click from the gas solenoid and then the electrode will spark if that is not happening and the fridge turns on and works on electric I would see if you have continuity through the electrode, if you have continuity then it sounds like the board is the issue. Below is a service manual link for you see page 30 it will walk you through the steps.

Hope this helps out.

Robert

http://www.rvrefrigeratorrepair.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Norcold-Service-1210