RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Have a gas/electric nor old refrigerator my2018 jayco

Customer Question
Have a gas/electric nor...

Have a gas/electric nor old refrigerator my2018 jayco trailer. Works on electric but not on gas. I have bled gas lines by lighting gas burners and gas water heater.

Mechanic's Assistant: Who makes your fridge? How old is it?

Norcold . New in 2018 camper trailer.

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Norcold refrigerator? What have you tried so far?

Bled gas lines, checked for spider webs at pilot, have good 12v battery power, works well on shore power. This is first try in 2021 getting ready for short trip.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Appliance Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Don’t think so thanks.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
6/16/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

So if the electrode is sparking when you try to run it on gas I would make sure the burner tube is clear and clean, if you locate the flue canister under the outside access panel you will see a metal protection cover at the bottom of the flue, it can be removed. Under the cover is the electrode and burner tube, get an air nozzle and blow out the burner tube really good, sometimes bugs, spiders etc can get into the tube and when that happens the fridge will not fire off. Make sure the electrode is 3/16" over the burner tube and when it sparks it is only sparking out the tip, sometimes if the ceramic on the electrode is cracked it can spark to ground.

You should also have voltage on the gas solenoid wires when the electrode is trying to spark and hear a single click when the solenoid valve opens up.

IF the flame is going and the box is not getting cold but works fine on electric then I would have the propane pressure tested at the back of the fridge.

IF you need more help on this please let me know.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks I used some light compressed air to blow out the tuba. Turned the reefer OFF and restarted, it lit and is now working. Thanks!

Great Job!

Always have to start with the simple items and so glad it fired off for you.

Thanks for coming to Just Answer to ask your RV question.

Have a fantastic day!

Robert