RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Peral, I have a Dometic Frig Mod #1350SLMX, we had a power…

Customer Question
Good Morning Peral, I...

Good Morning Peral, I have a Dometic Frig Mod #1350SLMX, we had a power failure last night at our home it lasted about 5 hours. We keep our 5r plug in when parked at home since we go camping every other week. Any way went to check things out this morning and the frig will not go back to Electric stays on Gas. I.ve turned off the unit for about 30 sec and turned it back on goes right to gas. I've checked the breaker it wasn't tripped I checked the 12V fuse good also, i do have 120volts at the receptacle. Any ideas? I also hit the test button on the module but nothing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Hi. Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

I only know of one which has both 120v breakers and the 12v fuses. Were would the second one be if i have one.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

It's a 2019 8299BS Rockwood

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I plan on doing it myself I'm very mechanical and also a master electrician. I've turned everything off and then back on turned the frig off itself and back on, cycled the auto button form gas and back to auto but end up with the same results. Have 120v at the frig receptacle

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I do protect the unit with a Progressive Ind EMS-PT50X surge protector and the read out I get from that is normal

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
6/14/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks

Under the outside access for the fridge you have a circuit board, the cover comes off the board and will expose two fuses, unplug the fridge from the outlet, remove the cover on the board and check the fuses. One fuse is for the DC side or what allows the fridge to power on, the other fuse is for the AC side, if the AC fuse was blown the fridge would not work on electric.

IF the fuse is GOOD and you have good AC voltage at the outlet the fridge is plugged into then the circuit board is the most likely issue part of the board is a relay that senses the AC power and allows it to work on electric.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it does and that helps. If I find out that both fuses are good where can I get a new circuit board? Can I order one from you or do I need to contact a dealer?
Phone call session started