RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Our door was open for about 10 minutes and it quit. We

Our door was open...

Our door was open for about 10 minutes and it quit. We closed the door and nothing happened. How can we fix this? Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?

Norcold nxa8413r

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Norcold appliance? What have you tried so far?

No prior problems. We just closed the door. It’s about 3 years old

6/13/2021
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

Howdy from Tennessee, I'm Chris aka Moose. I'm glad you've come here to get help. I will do my best to give the answer you are looking for. I help many customers, sometimes my replies are delayed, I will respond once available. I try to be online at 1-5 pm and 10 pm-5 am every day. Who am I helping today?

When you open the door, does the light inside the fridge come on?

Is the control panel lit up and or flashing a code?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is Larry. No, the lights do not come in. The control panel is not lit up.

Larry, I think a fuse has failed. IN the campers fuse/breaker panel check the refrigerator fuse likely a 15-20 amp fuse. Then pull the cover off the back of the fridge outside and the cover off the control panel and check those 1 or 2 fuses there as well. If a fuse has failed it may be that the bulb in the fridge is faulty and drawing too many amps from a filament issue.

Thank you for seeking us for help, I hope I provided what was needed. Press reply if you need to follow up. If you liked my answer please let me know so I can mark your question complete. Moose

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It was a fuse! Works now. Thanks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi. I returned to the RV and smelled something burning. It was the fuse I put in. All melted. Back to square one.

This means there is a short to ground. Which fuse failed, fuse box or fridge panel?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Fuse box

Thanks, ***** ***** there is a short before the fuse powers the circuit board at the back of the fridge. If the fridge is in a slide that is likely in the moving area of the wiring harness under the slide. You need to remove the power wire from the circuit board and test the wiring to see if there is a short to ground to verify this.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Looks like I won’t be able to fix it myself. I’ll have it looked at. Thanks.

Glad to help. In the future, if more help is needed from me. Open a new question at www.justanswer.com then write "For Chris-aka-Moose ONLY" at the beginning of your question.

Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic