RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a norcold refrigerator and it is giving a lo dc

Customer Question
I have a norcold...

I have a norcold refrigerator and it is giving a lo dc message. The model is1210 and the serial number is 19440595.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

It is an elevation 2015.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I will have to fix it myself it think. I am just trying to find out where to start and what tools do I need.

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

The batteries are charged enough for the generator to start.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
6/13/2021
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago
KevinS121

Howdy and welcome to Just Answer.  My name is ***** ***** and I am a Master Certified RV Tech. I understand how frustrating RV issues can be.  I have been  working on RVs for 35 plus years.   I see you are having some issues with your fridge showing low dc voltage.  Are you plugged into shore power or are you just running off the battery?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am running the generator most of the time. We have no power that we can plug into. The fridge has settings like LP AU and AC maybe I have it turned on to the wrong setting.
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago

If you are on AU, the fridge will choose the best source of energy to run the fridge.  When you do not have the generator on, it will light up on the LP gas and continue to run.  It will run until the battery gets too low.