RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 1992 Fleetwood Jamboree Searcher. In testing

Customer Question
I have a 1992...

I have a 1992 Fleetwood Jamboree Searcher. In testing systems after winter storage everything works well except getting hot water from rv he galley tap. The hot water heater fires up and water runs from the tap but it is cold water.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

Only leaking was from the city water hookup which was replaced. Fresh water tank seems ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. There’s not much to fix at this point. The igniter for the water heater is electronic and operates automatically from the kitchen control panel, just requires switching on the heater option.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I’m wondering if there is a cutoff switch or lever that’s been tripped in the water heater compartment

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
6/11/2021
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 1 year ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Good morning! My name is ***** ***** I am a Master Certified RV Technician and have been in this business nearly 20 years and on this site for over 11 years. I have responded to over 60,000 questions, so there is not a lot I haven't seen or heard about.

Sorry for the delay in someone getting to your question here! It has been crazy busy these last few days. I used to have an RV repair facility and worked on these systems for a living. Please give me a few minutes to type up an answer here for you. And don't be alarmed if I don't get right back to you when you respond. We work on more than one question at a time here when it is busy like it is now. I may be on a phone chat with another customer and those last less than 5 minutes. Your patience is appreciated! Thanks! Randall

Thank you for bringing your question to us here at Just Answer and I am sorry to hear that you are having a problem with your hot water at the galley fixture.  I can assist you with this issue.  Randall

The two most common reasons for that are a damaged fixture that may have frozen over the winter and is keeping the hot water from working there OR some calcium buildup or sand in that inlet for the hot water.  These tend to come loose sometime in the water heater and can lodge in a fixture kind of like a blood clot in your system.  I would remove that sink fixture and check it and run some hot water into a bucket from that line and see if it works or not.  I do not think there is any shutoff on there.  I hope this proves helpful here and points you in the right direction.  Randall