RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a 2018 keystone cougar. We've inserted a new battery…

We have a 2018...

We have a 2018 keystone cougar. We've inserted a new battery and it's been plugged in to electricity. No power going through. There is a red light flashing by the breaker box and it is beeping. Any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

There is no power. My husband hooked trailer up to the truck last night and it charged the battery. He flipped the main breakers. Worked for a little while, now the red light is flashing and beeping.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cougar yourself? What have you tried so far?

He's cleaning the connections, checked the battery cables. What's the beeping and red light?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Guwess not

6/9/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert Gabbard, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert Gabbard
Robert Gabbard, RV Mechanic

My name is***** expert here at just answer happy to help you with the problems you're having with your cougar

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Beeping and red light is flashing by circuit breaker. Battery won't charge. Is brand new.There's a Red light flashing, and it's beeping by the circuit breaker

Okay Dave this is what I think the problem may be considering that it's a dynasty that's a rather high and Coach sometimes you got to be above 13.0 volts to get the inverter to click on what you need to do if you need to connect a battery charger directly to the batteries to get the voltage up and then reset your inverter

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Why is light flashing and beeping? We've never had trouble b4

Can you post a picture of the flashing light that you're talking about if it's on the inverter it's the reason why I told you in the first place is because of the low voltage they got to have about 12.5 to 30 volts to get your inverter to turn on and it's Tony right now that it's not working when it does that

I'm sorry 13 volts

Okay that has nothing to do with your inverter or do unit not charging that is just simply telling you that you have a low battery and that is your actual your LP detector that's making that noise

When did charge comes up on the batteries that noise will go away or you can reset it by pushing the reset button on the actual LP detector

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
weve never had problems with the battery recharging before.my hsuband is going to try one more thing with fuse box. if it doesn't work, i''ll call back

Okay I'll be waiting on standby and maybe we can get this figured out if he doesn't figure it out but this other thing that he's checking

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We went and bought a new battery. Will see what happens in a few hours

Ok .im on standby

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
TY

Very welcome

Robert Gabbard
Robert Gabbard, RV Mechanic
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Prompt reply to our question. Thank you for your help.
Any time
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We appreciated the prompt response to our questions.