RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Not working. Attempt to turn on and then all lights flash…

Not working. Attempt to...

Not working. Attempt to turn on and then all lights flash and go off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

Temp lights, and mode lights

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2014 keystone g320

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, power off to RV 15. Check wiring and fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Not that I can think of

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Auto Reply] Please note that due to the high volume of claims, I am not able to respond to text messages. Please call and leave a message.
6/8/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks

What is the make and model of the fridge? Should be a sticker inside the door to the right.

Thanks, Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2013 doemetic dmr702

OK

And is the fridge display going blank when this happens? Is the interior light on inside the box when this happens?

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
display goes blank.No lights in the fridge

OK..

It will take me several mins to type a detailed response.

Thanks, Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

Below is a link for your reference so you understand what I am talking about, see the photo in the link.

The fridge uses DC power to turn on and work, disconnect the wires at the 12 volt terminal block for several mins and then re-connect and see what happens. The DC power is needed for the circuit board and display panel. You should have over 12.5 volts on the wires that connect to the terminal block.

Next in the photo you will see on the vertical flue canister a thermo-fuse, it is about the size of a quarter and has a tiny button in the center of it, gently push in on it and see if the fridge stays on. Some DM models also have another high temp device, follow the wires out of the thermo-fuse and look for a section wrapped in tape with a clip, if you see that let me know.

The power module shown in the picture also has fuses on it, unplug the fridge from the outlet, remove the cover and then make sure the fuses are not loose in the holders, do NOT touch the AC fuse with the fridge plugged in.

IF the DC voltage is good and the thermo-fuse is not blown and you do not see a section of wire wrapped in tape then the power module board may be the issue with this.

Robert

Link.

https://www.arprv.com/rm3762-dmr702.php

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic