RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a modelN841IM I just bought this motorhome I can’t…

I have a modelN841IM...

I have a modelN841IM I just bought this motorhome I can’t get the refrigerator to work when I push the mode button hey AU AC Lights up then it goes to a code that says no flow one putting it on LP it does the same thing is there a way to reset this any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated As I am new to this and have no refrigerator is there a way to reset this model?

Mechanic's Assistant: Who makes your fridge?

As I am new to this and have no refrigerator is there a way to reset this model?

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your refrigerator? What have you tried so far?

I just bought this on the first of the month so it’s been happening ever since I got it at first it worked on LP but didn’t get cold and then it just stopped working altogether

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Appliance Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Just that I bought this motorhome it’s a 1999 and this is the only issue I am having if you could help me I would greatly appreciate it as I am retired and on a fixed income

6/8/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks, Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No problem sir I'm not good at typing either

So when you are in Auto the RV is plugged into power the fridge should want to work on electric, if you loose the AC power OR the circuit board under the outside access panel does not sense the AC power the fridge will default to propane, if it fails to light off on propane then you get the no FL code.

First step is to verify the outlet the fridge is plugged into has voltage, this is under the outside access panel. The fridge uses DC power to turn on and work, so this means if the outlet did not have voltage the fridge would turn on and default to propane.

If the outlet has voltage leave the fridge unplugged and locate the circuit board under the outside access panel, the cover comes off the board and will expose some fuses, one is for the DC side which allows the fridge to power on and the other is for the AC side, if the AC fuse was blown then the fridge will default to propane.

IF the outlet has voltage, the fuses are good then the board is suspect, part of the board is a relay that senses the AC power.

IF the fridge is NOT turning on at all meaning NO display and NO interior light please let me know.

Also you could have more issues if the box did not cool on propane.

I can also send you a service manual to trouble shoot the propane side as if you are getting the fault code it should be firing off.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
With the input on a CAU the light on the refrigerator comes on but still it goes to no flow or no CO maybe?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is a clicking noise from this black box also there is a green wire I will take a picture and send it to you that is not connected to anything it runs from somewhere inside
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I checked this in-line fuse and it seems to be OK no breaks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Like I said this is a 1999 model

Maybe you did not understand what I typed.

IF the fridge is in AUTO and is going to NO FLOW you need to check the outlet the fridge is plugged into, and the fuse on the circuit board.

I will repost my response, once you check that out let me know.

The green wire should be ground, it should go to a screw on back of the fridge with other wires wit an eye lit.

The fuse in the holder does NOT matter if the fridge is turning on.

Need to figure out why the fridge is NOT working on electric with the RV plugged in.

Also you need to double check the codes, NO FL and NO CO are totally different.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK I checked the fuses both of them are fine with a round glass fuse nothing broken and there's a five amp fuse and that's also OK what next? I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you but it was pouring down rain want to wait before I messed with anything electric

I was just heading out the door to my sons HS basketball game, I will respond when I get back, it will be a few hours, not ignoring your response.
Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry about that sir I can wait till tomorrow I wish your son's team luck

Have you verified the outlet has voltage to it? Again if you are plugged into power and the fridge is in auto it should want to work on electric AC power, if the AC power is not present the fridge will default to propane and then the it will go to the no flow.

If needed plug the fridge into an outside source with an extension cord this will tell you if there is an issue with the incoming AC power from the RV if the fridge works on electric.

IF plugging into another outlet and the fuse on the board is good I would replace the board.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Good morning I found this in a box underneath the camper I think this might be the problem since this is brand newI thought it first the coach said no flow but now reading the directions I realize it said no CO

NO CO means the fridge is locked out. No cooling is being detected.

Normally you can reset the circuit board for this code, the board you sent in the picture is an aftermarket board.

Look at the board that is on the fridge, the standard board will have a single 16 pin connector or a 10 and 6 pin connector, below are the links on how to reset the board.

The dinosaur board in the box I am not sure on the reset as it is aftermarket.

Robert

Links.

http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/reset.pdf

http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/newreset.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is this one newer than the one that's in the box? This whole thing is driving me crazy I retired from the military last August under medical Honorable but under medical may the doctors tell me I need to go into a hospice and I can't take my dog well my dogs been with me In Afghanistan saved my life a few times so I decided to buy this motorhome I bought it on June 1 my plan is to travel for my last few months really got to get this running

The one is the box is a Dinosaur electronics board, hard for me to say what you have now, I sent you the instructions for trying to clear the code with the boards that come with the fridge when new, I am not sure the reset on the Dinosaur board.

Make sure the fridge is level and you might want to tap the cooling unit coils on the back of the fridge with a rubber mallet.

The NO code sometimes comes up when a cooling unit is blocked, this is when the ammonia solution inside the cooling unit stops circulating, it causes the fridge to heat up and then the code comes up.

I appreciate your military service, I was in the USN for 6 years.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also question there looks like there is a water supply that is turned off do I turn that on? Could that be one of the problems that it is off?

We answer per issue. Not related to the code you are getting on the fridge.'

Robert

IF it is under the outside access panel for the fridge it may be a cutoff valve if your fridge has an ice maker.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK it has no icemaker so I will leave it turned off

Yes I would has nothing to do with the problem.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK I have to wait till tomorrow to get the RV leveled I am on a hill that could explain everything Again it is raining here and I have to get some blocks to put under the levelPlease bear with me

Understand.

I am around daily and respond when I can.

Thanks, Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks

No problem at all.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Happy Father's Day
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Robert I don't know if you remember me this is Paul Barr I was having a problem with the Norcold refrigerator model number N841IM it's in a 1999 model camp camp world technician told me I need a Circuit board I can't seem to find that model number replacement can you please connect me with somebody in your service department that has them so that I can have it shipped overnight thank you