RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Norcold n811 freezer cools but refrigerator not cooling.

Customer Question
Norcold n811 freezer cools...

Norcold n811 freezer cools but refrigerator not cooling

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is your Norcold freezer?

2013 travel trailer

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Norcold freezer? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet just got it out of storage for the first use of the tyear

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Appliance Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

No it was working fine when we parked it last fall

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Anyone there?
6/6/2021
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 1 year ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Good afternoon! My name is ***** ***** I am a Master Certified RV Technician and have been in this business nearly 20 years and on this site for over 11 years. I have responded to over 60,000 questions, so there is not a lot I haven't seen or heard about.

Sorry for the delay in someone getting to your question here! It has been crazy busy these last few days. I used to have an RV repair facility and worked on these systems for a living. Please give me a few minutes to type up an answer here for you. And don't be alarmed if I don't get right back to you when you respond. We work on more than one question at a time here when it is busy like it is now. I may be on a phone chat with another customer and those last less than 5 minutes. Your patience is appreciated! Thanks! Randall

Thank you for bringing your question to us here at Just Answer and I am sorry to hear that you are having a problem with your N2118 not cooling.   I can assist you with this issue. Randall

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Norcold N811 freezer working refrigerator nor cooling

I need some additional information here please.  Is the fridge level or not?  And open up the outside inspection cover on the rear of the fridge and tell me if you see any yellowish debris there around the base of the burner area?  If so, that would be a sign of cooling unit failure.  And is the flue stack cool, warm or hot?  Please get back to me again with this information and I can help you sort this out.  Randall

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
level no debris

What about the flue temperature?  And are you using AC or LP mode?  Is this installation in a slide out room?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's on autoLP is hooked up and pilot is workingNot in a slide out

That means it will be on AC mode if you have the shore power hooked up.  Poor cooling on LP mode is most often a dirty burner or low LP working pressure for some reason and most of the time it will be a regulator that is out of adjustment.  Randall  http://https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1571471/Norcold-2118im.html#product-2118

See the attached link for a copy of the Service Manual that is for this model.  Print it out so you have it.  See the trouble shooting guide for poor cooling on LP mode.  Randall

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's on a generator at presentThat link won't open

If the incoming AC voltage is too low the cooling won't be what it should be.  The thermistor may be bad and need replacing.  You can't open up some of these links on a cell phone.  Randall

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay

Sorry about that!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Going camping this coming weekend gotta figure this out

Go online and open up that link and print out that manual.  It gives all the possible reasons for this.  I have seen some debris or other insulation fall down on top of the condenser and block the air flow some and effect the cooling.  You have to see that from up on the roof with the vent cover off.  Randall