RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have an issue with the Norcold Refrigerator door divider…

I have an issue...

I have an issue with the Norcold Refrigerator door divider spring

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you know the model of your Norcold fridge? How old is it?

2118SS

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Norcold refrigerator? What have you tried so far?

2017 rv

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Appliance Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

When the flipper is closed it cools great but I have to close the flapper manually

6/6/2021
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 1 year ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Good afternoon! My name is ***** ***** I am a Master Certified RV Technician and have been in this business nearly 20 years and on this site for over 11 years. I have responded to over 60,000 questions, so there is not a lot I haven't seen or heard about.

Sorry for the delay in someone getting to your question here! It has been crazy busy these last few days. I used to have an RV repair facility and worked on these systems for a living. Please give me a few minutes to type up an answer here for you. And don't be alarmed if I don't get right back to you when you respond. We work on more than one question at a time here when it is busy like it is now. I may be on a phone chat with another customer and those last less than 5 minutes. Your patience is appreciated! Thanks! Randall

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you Randall
I'll stand by for your response

Thank you for bringing your question to us here at Just Answer and I am sorry to hear that you are having a problem with your Norcold N2118 fridge.  I can assist you with this issue.  Randall

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What do the wires going into the flapper between the doors doWhat voltage should be thereI have 2 white wires and a greenI don't think I have any voltage between any of themIs there a fuse to check.

Please see the attached link for the complete list of repair parts that are offered for this make and model fridge.  Print it out so you have it.  And most every shop and dealer is signed up to get Norcold parts direct, but there are also many places online that sell these as well.  Those are a heater wiring to keep the ice away.  I can get you a link to that Service Manual as well where it gives you those specs and discusses how to test them.  I hope this proves  helpful here.  Randall  https://norcold.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/PL_2118_637110_20210210.pdf

One of those resources:  https://www.arprv.com/norcold-2118-polarmax.php

Another link that might help here:  https://kzfamilyforum.com/thread/2905/norcold-2118-cooling-center-closing

Use this link to download the Service Manual and the specs for that heater should be in there.  Randall  https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1571471/Norcold-2118im.html#product-2118

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Think you're confused I'm wondering what the wires are that go into the flapper between the doorsWhat's in there that requires power

No.  There is a heating element in there prevents the ice from freezing up the door and mechanism.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Oh I seeRefrigerator mot freezerCorrect

Yes.  There are two or three of these sometimes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What's keeping the flipper from going into the proper place so the other door will closeThe flipper is only going about 3/4 shutIs there a spring missingWhen we manually move the flipper parallel with the 2bd door, It will close and seal properly

It needs adjustment.  See that blog on iRV2 regarding this model or give Norcold Customer Service a call. (###) ###-####

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification