RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My Dometic refrigerator is saying check. It is not working…

Customer Question
My Dometic refrigerator is...

My Dometic refrigerator is saying check. It is not working on electric or gas

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you noticed an increase in fuel consumption? And how does the vehicle start—same as usual?

Just bought this RV. It sat for a year

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2008 coachmen freedom class c

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried trouble shooting. No luck

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Checked fuses. They are working. Tried running on just electric but wont run. Wont run on propane either. Checked outside fuse also

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
5/30/2021
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

Howdy from Tennessee, I'm Chris aka Moose. I'm glad you've come here to get help. I will do my best to give the answer you are looking for. I help many customers, sometimes my replies are delayed, I will respond once available. I try to be online at 1-5 pm and 10 pm-5 am every day. Who am I helping today?

What model number is ***** fridge?

When you open the door, does the light come on?

Have you tested the fuse in the fuse panel and the fuse(s) on the back of the fridge?

Have you tested the AC plug at the back of the fridge?

Does the flute get hot on AC electric and propane?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Pam here from west palm beach, fl.
Checked fuses. What is fute?
Check light on fridge comes on after 5 minutes on auto with electric running.
It is a 2008 dometic fridge RV Freedom expressHow long do you try to diagnose for $26?Dometic RM2652Light comes on in fridgeWhere is flute?

Hello, Pam

I am on a customer call, I will be done in a moment.

With the rear cover off outside and at the back of the fridge. The flute is a metal pipe in the corner running vertically that hides the flame of the propane burner, kind of like a chimney.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How long do you try to diagnose for $26I guess no response unless i pay $26?

Let's hold off on the call for now until it is needed, if at all. Were you able to test the flute to see if it gets on when on propane?

Since you were not able to reply to the info request I sent. I cannot be as accurate and thorough as I would like in my answer. I hope what I can provide does help.

Possible causes for this concern can be a faulty ignitor, a faulty circuit board. If the burner is getting hot then it can be a loss of refridgerant ammonia.

Thank you for seeking us for help, I hope I provided what was needed. Press reply if you need to follow up. If you liked my answer please let me know so I can mark your question complete. Moose