RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My atwood fridge and freezer works perfect on electricity…

Customer Question
My atwood fridge and...

My atwood fridge and freezer works perfect on electricity but on propane only the freezer works fridge will not cool what is going on do I need a new cooling unit

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the year and model of your RV?

2015 Keystone hideout 28 bhs we

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the approximate mileage on your RV?

No idea I just bought it a month ago it’s a bumper pull camp trailer

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the RV Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

No I don’t think so

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
5/25/2021
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago
James Davy

Good morning welcome to just answer my name is James

If the refrigerator works on electric than it does not need a cooling unit.

You need to clean your burner, make sure your gas pressure is right and make sure baffle is in place.

Thanks James

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK I will try that I blew it out with an air hose but maybe not enough
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok the heat is what makes it work.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it's weird that the freezer works so well on gas just not the fridgeI'll take the back apart and make sure everything's all cleaned and flame is good
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

The freezer has to come to full cold before lower box cools

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yeah I ran it for three days solid on propane hoping it would get coolit never did 62° inside fridge
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

There must be something going on with the flame or missing baffle. Is there only one thermostat?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not sure is the thermostat that little Dodad that hooks on to the cold baffles in the fridge
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok that a thermistor, take it off and let it hang loose, it then will go to full cold.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm at work right now I will try to mess with the fridge This evening I'll let you know what happens thanks for the help
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

ok thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have the thermistor hanging free banged on the chimney blew outeverything flame looks really good to me I ran the fridge all nightfreezer is freezing fridge is 60° I don't know what the baffle is canyou tell me or show me a picture or how to adjust my propane pressureAlso on the door of the fridge is temperature adjustment one through five is five the coldest or is five the warmestIt does not say either way
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

5 is the coldness To  adjust LPG Temp. you will need to have a monitors hook to system and then you remove cover on lpg regulator  and adjust it with a screw driver. I look for a video .

How do you adjust a propane gas regulator?

https://findanyanswer.com › how-do-you-adjust-a-prop...

Apr 21, 2020 — With a small amount of gas flowing through the regulator: Rotate the gas pressure regulator adjustment screw clockwise to raise the outlet ...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thanksthe regulator next to the bottles correct?
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

Correct between them.