RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2006 coachman sportcoach cross country. The bedroom…

Customer Question
I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 coachman sportcoach cross country. The bedroom slide will not retact. the hydraulic pump motor runs but doesnt seem to put any pressure to the slide. the pump will raise and level the RV but wont work the slide

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fluids recently?

Yes its full

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes.The operating switch seems to be good becuase when you operate it the pump motor comes on.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/24/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks, Robert

IF the pump is running and the room is not moving and you have good DC battery voltage then I would see if you have a faulty solenoid, could also be a hydraulic cylinder for the room that is the problem.

Most hydraulic systems uses solenoids, the room would have an extend and retract solenoid, the solenoids would be on the manifold for the pump/motor and each solenoid will have 12 volt wires going to it. Have someone hit the extend button and listen for a click from the solenoid, you can feel the solenoid click as well when the switch is pushed, mark the solenoid, next hit the extend button and id that solenoid. Once you have marked the solenoids swap the wiring on them and then go inside and hit extend and the room should retract, hitting retract should make the room extend, if the problem changes then you have a bad solenoid.

IF you have the same issue you might have a bad cylinder for the room. I might consider paying a mobile RV tech one hour of labor to diagnose this for you as well.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I checked the solenoids. There was no power going to either one.

Normally the solenoids would get a signal from some type or relay board or circuit board.

Who is the manufacturer of the slides and leveling?

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HWHPOWER GEAR

Which is it HWH or Power Gear?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's HWH

Somewhere in the RV you have a control box, I would locate that box and check all the fuses inside of it.

Once you find the box it should have an AP number on a sticker, get me that AP number and I can see if there is a service manual, HWH is a bit complex with all the wiring and that box.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK

Let me know if you need more help, I am around daily and respond when I can, we are very busy this week due to the upcoming Holiday may take me some time to respond back to you.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks

No problem at all.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for the help. I found the problem in the bedroom at the switch. There was a broke wire not sending power to the solenoids on the pump.

AH... That crossed my mind and I am very glad you checked that and it was a simple fix.

Thanks for taking the time to let me know.

I hope you have a great holiday weekend!

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you.

No problem at all!

Robert