RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Our refrigerator is not responding to electric or gas

Our refrigerator is not...

Our refrigerator is not responding to electric or gas starting. What am I missing?

Mechanic's Assistant: What type of fuel do you typically use? When was your last oil change?

The Fridge works three ways: AC / DC/and Propane

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the year and model of your RV?

2002 Roadtrek 190 Popular

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the RV Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

We believe the vehicle was parked reasonably level though not perfect.

5/22/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What is the make and model of the fridge?

Will the fridge turn ON, is the interior light ON?

Thanks, Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dometic model RM2363 Does not appear to have an interior light

OK

When you try to run it on propane does the flame fire off? IF needed go outside and verify if the flame is going.

Need to know if the fridge appears to be working but the box is not cooling or there is no power at all to the fridge.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
A call is not necessary yet. We moved the vehicle to a more level location (away from our house) and the freezer is starting to be cold. Maybe we just weren't level enough!! We'd like to give it time (2-3 hours) to confirm the cold -- then if we're still not sure . . . we'll talk again. Thanks for now.

Understand and that is a good sign, the freezer will get cold long before the box has a chance. Give it a full 8 hours and you should be at the desired temp. No worries on the call, the company Just Answer offers the calls for an added fee, I do not offer calls.

IF you do need more help with this please respond back to this, I am around daily and respond when I can.

Have a fantastice weekend.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Fine, thanksVery excellent, thanks! Reassuring and patient

Glad I could help some.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks