RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

How do I remove the fuel from my 1996 Winnebago Adventure.

Customer Question
How do I remove...

How do I remove the fuel from my 1996 Winnebago Adventure. Is there a drain plug.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you noticed an increase in fuel consumption? And how does the vehicle start—same as usual?

The fuel pump has faile and needs to be replaced.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '96 RV?

Winnebago adventure F53 Ford 460 cub inch.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Bypassed the inertia switch did not start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Checked fuel pump fuse, it is good. Checked pressure release valve minimal pressure released. Fuet tank is full.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
5/18/2021
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago
James Davy

Good morning welcome to Just Answer, my name is James

Give a couple minutes to look a hand pump up.

Thanks James

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
James, I take it there is no drain plug on the fuel tank.
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

Sorry I had wonder where this question went.

You will need to go where gas fill hose goes into tank and remove the hose there than use a hand pump to siphon gas out.

Thanks James