RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I’m getters me an HE code. It’s in a 99 jayco 3610 designer…

Customer Question
I’m getters me an...

I’m getters me an HE code

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?

It’s in a 99 jayco 3610 designer series just bought it

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?

I found a bad 5 amp fuse and changed it that got rid of no code

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Appliance Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Just that I’m unfamiliar with rvs

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will someone text me
5/17/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Excellent

I assume you are talking abut the fridge?

What is the make and model of the fridge and you mention the code went away so what is the problem now?

Thanks, Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have an HE code on a norcold refrigerator it's in a 99 jayco Nb41f model numberHad a 5 amp fuse out but changed thatIt's a b or an 8 in model number

Please allow me several mins to type a response. It would be a N841

Thanks, Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
K

This code has to deal with the AC heating element, on the board is a fuse for the AC side and probably the fuse that you checked, the board is under the outside access panel.

The next step would be to ohm out the AC heating element the element goes into the flue canister and the wires run to the board, disconnect the wires from the board and ohm out the wires leading to the element in the flue, you should have around 48 ohms plus or minus 10%. IF the element ohms out good then the circuit board is the problem and I would replace it.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Robert