RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Norcold 640.3 I had an HE error so I bought a new heating…

Norcold 640.3 I had an...
Norcold 640.3 I had an HE error so I bought a new heating element. I pulled the outside access door off and looked. The 120 V heating element is not connected to any terminals. And I do not see any appropriate terminals to connect it to. There is 120 V in, 12 V in, 12 HE out, gas solenoid out and ignitor out. No 120V out. So I am stumped. I cant find a Norcold 540.3 manual. Fridge works on 12 V and Gas.
5/15/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Look on the flue canister for the heating element wires they should go directly to the board, you may have to pull the cover off the board, make sure you unplug the fridge prior to removing the cover.

Also if you can send me a photo of the sticker that is inside the box to the right it may help out.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok so I take the box off the wall shown in the picture I assume?in the photo you can see the 120V HE wires disconnected

Yes mark everything and unplug the fridge and then take the cover off, it should come off.

IF possible send me a picture of the sticker inside the box.

This one is a bit of a mystery as I can not locate a wiring diagram for that model and would like to see the sticker inside the box.

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The HV connnections were inside the box. I put in a new HE and plugged it in. Powered back up. I think it is working on 120V. Little bit of smoke coming from HE tube were I used a small amount of lube to break it lose.it is heating up and no HE error so farYou did answer my question and that helped me solve the problem. Thank you.

Glad I could help and thanks for letting me know.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Robert