RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My roof lift system is not working has power does not in…

Customer Question
My roof lift system...

My roof lift system is not working has power does not in gage. HW trailer

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

Flagstaff HW T21DMHW

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Flagstaff?

2017

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Flagstaff yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, tried lubricating motor

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the Forest River? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

It is a trailer

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I took the motor apart and reassembled cranking system does not seam to mesh.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
5/14/2021
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

Howdy from Tennessee, I'm Chris aka Moose. I'm glad you've come here to get help. I will do my best to give the answer you are looking for. I help many customers, sometimes my replies are delayed, I will respond once available. I try to be online at 1-5 pm and 10 pm-5 am every day. Who am I helping today?

When you press the lift or lower button do you hear the motor spinning at the lift strut?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks Moose got it fixed while waiting, gear fell off on re assembly, reapplied and is working.

That is good news.

In the event, this occurs again. You can set up this camper manually. It is harder but 2 people can do it. You would disconnect that electric lift strut then push up on the top from both sides.

Thank you for seeking us for help, I hope I provided what was needed. Press reply if you need to follow up. If you liked my answer please let me know so I can mark your question complete. Moose

It's been a couple of days since you replied. I am going to mark your question complete for now. Reply as needed.