RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Can you convert a model N611RT to an electric only ??? The…

Can you convert a...

Can you convert a model N611RT to an electric only ??? The board is bad and I don't need a three way refrigerator.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

It quit working and the board is bad.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just checked to see that the board is bad.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Can I eliminate the gas function and just have electricity?

5/14/2021
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago
KevinS121

Howdy and welcome to Just Answer.  My name is ***** ***** and I am a Master Certified RV Tech. I understand how frustrating RV issues can be.  I have been  working on RVs for 35 plus years.  I see you are having some issues with your refrig.  Is the cooling unit still good, just the board that is bad?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just the board
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok.. I would suggest changing the board and running it on electric only.  You will still have the gas as a back up if the electricity goes out and if you decide to sell the unit, the new owner will be able to use it without electricity.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
To RV store wants $350. For a new one.
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago

Let me see what I can find for you

Check out these links, much better deal

https://thenorcoldguy.com/norcold-n6xx-power-boards/

https://www.amazon.com/norcold-n611/s?k=norcold+n611

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there just one power board for all Norcold RV refrigerators ?
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago

There is a lower control board and another one in the eyebrow panel on the inside of the refrig.  Norcold does use the same board for a lot of different models.

What I showed you were compatible with your model of refrig.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanksIt just looks a little different.
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago

they were showing you the board without the cover on it.  You can also look on your board and get the numbers off of it and match it up that way as well.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there a way to check out the old one to see if it is bad?
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago

do you have a multimeter to measure voltage?

RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago

first thing you want to check is that you have 12vdc coming to the back of the refrig.  The control board operates off of 12vdc.  If you take a picture of the back of the refrig area, I will point out where to test at.  Also if you take a picture of your board.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll try.
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago

I will be back in about an hour or so.  sorry to leave you in the middle of testing.

KevinS121