RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

You: Norcold N611RT gas mode flashing Pearl: How old is your…

You: Norcold N611RT gas mode...
You: Norcold N611RT gas mode flashingPearl: How old is your Norcold appliance or part?You: opened panel inspected pilot can smell gas see no ignition (15 yrs old)Pearl: How long has this been going on with your Norcold? What have you tried so far?You: just started trouble shooting worked last year need guidancePearl: Is there anything else the Contractor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.You: I’m not tech Davy will need direction
5/14/2021
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 1 year ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Good morning! My name is ***** ***** I am a Master Certified RV Technician and have been in this business nearly 20 years and on this site for over 11 years. I have responded to over 60,000 questions, so there is not a lot I haven't seen or heard about.

Sorry for the delay in someone getting to your question here! It has been crazy busy these last few days. I used to have an RV repair facility and worked on these systems for a living. Please give me a few minutes to type up an answer here for you. And don't be alarmed if I don't get right back to you when you respond. We work on more than one question at a time here when it is busy like it is now. I may be on a phone chat with another customer and those last less than 5 minutes. Your patience is appreciated! Thanks! Randall

Thank you for bringing your question to us here at Just Answer and I am sorry to hear that you are having a problem with your Norcold fridge.  I can assist you with this issue.  Randall

This can be caused by several things and if you don't see or hear any ignition trying to take place AND the burner is clear of debris then chances are good that you will need to have a new control board.  I would get a good aftermarket board made in Oregon by Dinosaur Electronics.  Those are much superior to the OEM boards.  You would go by the board number that you have now.  It will be printed on the board and it is a 6 digit number beginning with a "6" and once you have that you can look up the replacement on the Dinosaur website or give it to me and I can get that for you.

I am adding a link to the Norcold Service Manual that covers your model.  Print this out so you have it and see the section on LP issues.  I would advise that you have the LP working pressure checked and adjusted as needed if you haven't had that done in the last year.  It is supposed to be checked at least once a year and is often neglected.

I hope this proves helpful here and points you in the right direction.  Randall

http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ncoldnnewnseries.pdf

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification