RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The light flashing 5 times keeps coming back after I reset…

Customer Question
The green light flashing...

The green light flashing 5 times keeps coming back after I reset it 2 times

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

It’s the green on light it will blink 5 times then stays on for about 5 seconds then blink again

It’s a 2005 keystone Laredo

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’m doing it myself I blew out the burner with air compressor and reset the board it’ll work for about 5 hours then comes back again

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

The code came on after changing the propane cylinder

Mechanic's Assistant: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page to join JustAnswer for only MX$128 (fully-refundable). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
5/13/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Are you talking about a Norcold fridge?

Thanks, Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it’s the norcold fridge

If you have a Norcold and it is flashing 5 times and repeating it means no cooling is being detected by the controls and the fridge will lock out. I am not sure if you reset it by turning it off and back on or you jumped a wire at the circuit board.

IF you got the code to go off but it comes back on after the fridge runs you may have an issue with the cooling unit or fans.

Some models have a fan that should cycle on and off, if the fridge is in a slide it should have the fan and you should hear it coming on and off.
The other issue is the cooling unit, make sure the fridge is level, inside the cooling unit is an ammonia solution once the circulation stops or slows down the fridge will over heat. What you may want to try is get a rubber mallet and tap the coils on the back side of the fridge, these are the tubes that go back and forth, give them a good tap and see if the fridge will stay running.

IF you have the code still and it will not reset with the control panel I can send you some directions on the hard reset at the board.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did the reset by jumping the wire it works for about 5 hours then the code comes back again I tried it twice and it keeps coming back

Right so I suspect the cooling unit may be the problem here if the fans are cycling on, some models do not have fans but if the fridge sits in a slide it should have them, what you could try is tap the coils really good and then put a small fan under the outside access pointing upwards and see if that helps out at all.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It doesn’t have any fans, it does not sit in the slide out I’ll try tapping the coils see if that helps

Understand, you did not mention the model so wanted to not leave that out with the fans.

Tap the coils really good and see if that helps out.

Robert