RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Dometic fridge not switching to propane from electric. 2004…

Customer Question
Dometic fridge not switching...

Dometic fridge not switching to propane from electric.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2004 Jamboree Fleetwood Class C

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked fuses and wiring and blew out flute

Mechanic's Assistant: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?

Not that I’m aware of

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
5/13/2021
RV Mechanic: Nachum Wagschal, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Nachum Wagschal
Nachum Wagschal, RV Mechanic

Good Afternoon ,

can you tell if its trying to light when you disconnect the electric ?

It may just be air in the gas line if the gas was off over the winter , it can take a little while and a few tries till it will light

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, it doesn’t light nor seem like it’s trying to when electric is disconnected.No but all the other propane appliances are operable inside and out of the camper.

do you have the model number ?

I will usually take the outside cover off and see if i can hear it do anything when you unplug it on the outside .

Also check the fuse on the circuit board .

The fridge has the smallest gas line and flame , so it will take much longer than all the other gas appliances

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The model number of the fridge?

yes , it should be on a sticker on the inside

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I’ve taken the cover off and don’t hear anything all the fuses are good as well as wiring.Ok give me a sec

if you get me the model number i can get you a trouble shooting guide for it

here is a link to service manuals for it

https://techsupport.pdxrvwholesale.com/technical-service-manuals/dometic-rm2652/

page 4 of the fist manual shows you where to go to test different problems.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

let me knwo if you get to a point where you dont understand it

yes that is in auto mode , when electric is disconnected it should automatically switch . if it doesn't light , the check light will come on in a few minutes .

If the gas button is out it will try to run on gas regardless if there is electric going it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Liked “yes that is in auto mode , when electric is disconnected it should automatically switch . if it doesn't light , the check light will come on in a few minutes .If the gas button is out it will try to run on gas regardless if there is electric going it”

It can take a while to light even if its working properly

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok I just unplugged from electric and going to wait to see if it kicks on. What's the wait time typically? Also will the light in the fridge remain off in propane mode?

no it shouldn't be off , you should hear it in the back clicking when you unplug it or when its turned to propane mode , it will only take a few minutes at most

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yeah the lights off and I don't hear any clicking.I'm going to read through some of the material from the link you sent and come back to it later. Thanks

ok