RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2014 jayco jayflight ultralite x213. I was plugged…

Customer Question
I have a 2014...

I have a 2014 jayco jayflight ultralite x213. I was plugged into shore power and used the microwave and list power to the RV. It blew the power box outlet. When I’m plugged into my truck the lights and radio work but the slider was boggy and slow and dimmed the lights. We got new batteries and nothing works. Any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Inside

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '14 RV?

Jayco Jayflight UltraLite

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

New batteries

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I tried locating the gfi and cannot. We had to manually close the slider.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
5/13/2021
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

Howdy from Tennessee, I'm Chris aka Moose. I'm glad you've come here to get help. I will do my best to give the answer you are looking for. I help many customers, sometimes my replies are delayed, I will respond once available. I try to be online at 1-5 pm and 10 pm-5 am every day. Who am I helping today?

Do you own a voltmeter so I can help you test and diagnose these electrical issues?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No voltmeter. Just wanted some advice to see if it’s super expensive to fix.

Without testing, all I can do is make an educated guess. I believe there is an electrical issue with the campsite, shore power cord, breakers, or the converter that is preventing the 120 volt AC from charging the 12 volt DC because the converter (battery charger) is not working.

Thank you for seeking us for help, I hope I provided what was needed. Press reply if you need to follow up. If you liked my answer please let me know so I can mark your question complete. Moose

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. So the converter needs to be replaced? Is that expensive?

A converter is about $300, due realize you said you have no tools to test with and my answer I mentioned was an educated guess. I cannot confirm the converter 100% is faulty without tests done.

It's been a couple of days since you replied. I am going to mark your question complete for now. Reply as needed.