RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I just bought a 01 travel surpreme 5th wheel and i cant get…

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a 01 travel surpreme 5th wheel and i cant get any of the appliances to work

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

Great

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '01 RV?

O1 travel surpreme 5th wheel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

The breakers amd that is about it and yes if i can i woild like to so it myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Not that i can think of ....oh wait maybe how to lihhg the pilot light for the hot water tank?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
5/11/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Are you talking about all the LP appliances? Fridge, water heater, furnace etc?

What appliances are not working?

Thanks. Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Fridge , stove , oven ,microwave the dishwasher all of them really

Please allow me several mins to type a response. Lots to cover.

Thanks, Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That is fine

First thing to establish is the AC and DC voltage

The outlets, TV, microwave all need AC power to work, When troubleshooting the AC power you need to be plugged into a shore power source direct, not cords or adapters as they can cause issues. In a RV a 30 amp service is one hot leg of 120 coming into the RV, a 50 amp service is two hot legs of 120 coming in, not 220/240 direct as that can cause problems, also plugging the RV into a standard 110 house outlet can cause issues. So when you troubleshoot you have to be plugged into a known good source direct.

Locate your breaker panel and shut all the breakers off and then back on and see if you have power to the outlets, TV and microwave.

The DC power is the lights, fridge, furnace, even the roof AC unit needs DC voltage. When you are plugged into power the power converter takes the incoming AC voltage and makes the DC voltage, without the AC voltage the DC voltage is not going to work very long.

My feelings are the problem can be the missing AC voltage if the batteries are not getting a charge. So need to try another supply source direct with no cords or adapters and see what happens.

IF you want to get back to me that is fine, I am around daily and respond when I can.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thank you....what if i am pluged in at a r/v hook up?

Most parks do use a RV hook up however if you are using any adapters or extension cords they can cause problems. I would find a place you can plug the cord in direct to a good power source and see what happens.

You also may want to see if a mobile RV tech is in the area that can come check things out for you, normally if you do an online search RV mobile repair and the zip code you are at you will get a listing of techs in your area.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks

No problem at all.

Thanks for coming to Just Answer to ask your RV question.

Have a great day!

Robert