RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Second Opinion) There's possible to get codes with out

Customer Question
Second Opinion) There's possible...

Second Opinion)

There's possible to get codes with out scanner?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

No what i need is to get the code, the rv don't accelerate when is cold

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

1996 monaco dynasty cummins

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Monaco yourself? What have you tried so far?

Change fuel filter and tide all the turbo hoses

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

That's itDetail Required: HIGH

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
5/1/2021
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 1 year ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Good evening!  My name is ***** ***** I just wanted you to know that your question is important to us here and I didn't want you to think that we hadn't seen it.  I suspect the reason that it didn't get an answer so far is due to the nature of the problem and we may not have a tech here presently that is familiar with this problem or the solution based on the limited information in your question.   I think a call to Monaco Customer Service would be about the first thing here I would do.

Some of our techs are gone on vacation right now and that might be the reason that you didn't get a response earlier.  Some techs are better on some makes and models than others depending on their experience and where they work.

I suspect that this is going to take some "hands on" diagnosis with a good mobile tech or a qualified Service Facility that can do some testing and come up with the proper solution for you.  I would at the very least give a local dealer a call and discuss this with them and see what recommendations they might have for you.   Since there are a number of things that might cause this I feel this is the best solution here.

I hope this information proves useful and at least points you in the right direction.  Randall

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The rv don't accelerate when is cold

That is true of a lot of diesel engines.  You need a good tech who works on these.  Here, that would be over in the Dodge category.