RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The fridge shut down and now there is an alarm indicator…

Customer Question
The fridge shut down...

The fridge shut down and now there is an alarm indicator with a double flashing light that will not clear or reset. Have checked all electrical connections and fuses but it will not start or run.

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

It is a 2016 Springdale 26ft.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I have checked all the electrical connections and fuses and all check out good. Tried to start fridge back up on the electrical side and also the propane side but the two lights on the indicator panel are still blinking.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Other than I am not with the unit at this time but would like info on possible troubleshooting.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
4/28/2021
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago
KevinS121

Howdy and welcome to Just Answer.  My name is ***** ***** and I am a Master Certified RV Tech. I understand how frustrating RV issues can be.  I have been  working on RVs for 35 plus years.  I see you are having issues with your refrig not working.   First thing to do is to make sure you have power to the back of the refrig on both 120vac and 12vdc.  do you have a multimeter to measure voltage.  Depending on your unit, you might have fuses on the refrig control box on the back of the refrig.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have checked both and the power is good.
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago

did you check the fuses on the control board?

what is the brand and model # of your refrig?  I will try and look up some manuals for you to troubleshoot with.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where is the control board located? Everything that is accessible has been checked
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago

the control board has a black cover on it and has all the wires going to it.  Here are some samples

https://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&type=*****************4&p=Rv+refrigerator+control+board

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will text you back with the information as I am not with the unit yet.
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok.. I will be on line till 10 PM CDT

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you will get information soon.
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago

no problem

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The brand of the fridge is a dometic 702. The two flashing lights are on the temperature set and will not reset either for aux/LPG.The model is Dometic DMR/DMC 7 series and model #is 702
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago

ok.. give me some time to find a manual for you.  troubleshooting starts on page 8

https://www.manualslib.com/products/Dometic-Dmr-7-Series-3796940.html