RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We’re trying to get it hitched but Our fifth wheel is stuck.

Hi! We’re trying to...

Hi! We’re trying to get it hitched but Our fifth wheel is stuck. The red light is blinking and it won’t reset

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

It only blinks

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

Riverstone 2020 39 foot RSF39fk-w

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Pressed the retract button but that’s not working

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

No. That’s all

4/25/2021
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago
KevinS121

Howdy and welcome to Just Answer.  My name is ***** ***** and I am a Master Certified RV Tech. I understand how frustrating RV issues can be.  I have been  working on RVs for 35 plus years.   I see you are having issues with your jacks not working.  What brand of jacks do you have?  Try turning the panel off, and hook up to your vehicle and then try again.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have blinking red lightSay it is in default modeHow do I reset panel?
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago

Is this a lippert or LCI.  panel and can you take a picture of what your controls look like and I will be able to find a manual on how to reset it.  Is it hydraulic or electric?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HydraulicLippert
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok.. give me a minute or 2 and I will send you a link for the jack system.

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws.com/manuals/leveling-and-stabilization/ccd-0001539.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago

look on page 4 for the error.  It saids to look on the onecontrol panel for the error.  This manual will tell you how to reset it.  Let me ask you, do you have a good battery or batteries.  check the water level and all the wire connections.  If you have a multimeter, I would measure my voltage on the battery and make sure I have 12 plus volts.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't have a multimeter
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok.. look on the onecontrol.  It shows the battery voltage in the upper right corner.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay. Give me a minute
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago

Does the onecontrol show what the fault is? page 18 in the manual.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
13.5 V
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok.. that is good battery voltage.

KevinS121
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you call me
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago

If you turn everything off on the jacks and then turn it back on, can you get the front legs to raise and lower with the front switch?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I paid the 26.00 for you to callNothing is movingWe’re locked on a blinking red light.
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago

Glad I could help. I appreciate good ratings for my service today.   If you are not satisfied with my service today, please let me know so I can do better next time. There are also other experts available to help you as well.   Thanks for using Just Answer and have a great day.

Happy RVing

***** *****