RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Kitchen doors open half. And à not goog english. Kz spree…

Customer Question
Kitchen doors open half ...

Kitchen doors open half

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes and à not goog english

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

Kz spree 329ik

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Change my gas struts kitchen doors

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Yes tks

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Original gaz struts for kitchen out doors for kz spree 329ik
4/20/2021
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago
KevinS121

Howdy and welcome to Just Answer.  My name is ***** ***** and I am a Master Certified RV Tech. I understand how frustrating RV issues can be.  I have been  working on RVs for 35 plus years.   I see you are having issues with your doors only opening half way.  Are you wanting to get longer struts?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The original is 19,7 inch so you thing put 22 inch ?
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago

I would replace them with the same size and pressure struts.  There should be some data on the strut telling you how many pounds the strut is.  Then measure the length from end to end in the open position.  Struts do loose their pressure and their ability to hold up.

RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago

If you push up on your door, does it fully extend to the right height?