RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My norcold refrigerator dose not cool on ac power or

My norcold refrigerator dose...

My norcold refrigerator dose not cool on ac power or propane. The green lite blinks 6 times every 3 seconds

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you know the model of your Norcold fridge? How old is it?

It’s 8 years. I haven’t found the mod yet

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Norcold refrigerator? What have you tried so far?

Checked the power and propane, just noticed it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Appliance Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I didn’t think so.

4/19/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks, Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

Very important to get the right blinks as it is giving you a code.

IF it is flashing 6 times go outside and remove the panel for the fridge, look on the flue canister for a thermo- fuse, below is a link for a picture. The thermo-fuse is a small round disc, in the center of the disc is a tiny button, gently push in on it. Some models do NOT have the thermo-disc one way to tell is to look on the board for two spade terminals marked Limit In and Limit out, if you have wires connected to the spade connectors then you have the thermo-fuse, if the spade connectors are bridged together then you do not have it and the circuit board may need to be replaced. Verify the blink code as if you have a 5 blink code the board would need to be reset, not for a 6.

IF you need more help on this please let me know.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That looks like it fixed it.I tried it on propane and ac. Lite not blinking. Thank you

Good job!

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Have a great week!

Robert