RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We defrosted our norcold 4 door rv refrigerator. Since then…

Customer Question
We defrosted our norcold...

We defrosted our norcold 4 door rv refrigerator. Since then we have not been able to adjust the temperature. It is cool but can’t get it to get cold. It has been 4 days

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Norcold refrigerator? What have you tried so far?

It has been 4 days. The only thing I have done is adjust the temperature setting. Right now it is on 9.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/11/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your Norcold fridge.

I would try running it on both sources for at least 8 hours, if you have the same issue on BOTH sources, it could be the thermistor, cooling unit or possibly the fans are not kicking on.

The thermistor can be ohmed out, if you can get me the model of the Norcold I can explain how to do that.

Some models have fans and you should hear them cycle on and off, if the fans are not kicking on then it would be an issue.

IF the cooling unit was partially blocked you also might loose cooling in the box, the freezer may still work.

IF you have a volt meter get me the model number and I should be able to tell you how to test that.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What do you mean by both sources?

Run the fridge on propane for 8 hours and then run it on electric for 8 hours, if it cools on one source and not the other then everything I discussed is out the window.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks. I just put it on propane

Give it about 8 hours, leave the door shut and see what the box goes to you should have around 35 F in the box and around 0 F in the freezer, I will be in and out today so if you need more help please feel free to contact me. I also am around daily.

Robert