RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Can't locate the water value for the 27R 4 winds thor. The…

Customer Question
Can't locate the water...

Can't locate the water value for the 27R 4 winds thor. The potable water is just running out of the dumb tube

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2020 thor 27 R

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

We took it to the dealer to have a leak fixed. Came home and went to fill the water tank but it just runs out. Called dealership but he was not sure where the Valve is to close the drain

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?

It is almost new. Only camped in it 4 times. The water works fine if directly attached to city water. It is the holding tank that is not holding water. We took it in to winterize last fall. Figure they opened a valve that a we can't find to close

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/10/2021
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

Howdy from Tennessee, I'm Chris aka Moose. I'm glad you've come here to get help. I will do my best to get the answer you are looking for. I help many customers, so sometimes my replies are delayed, I will respond once available. I try to be online at 1-5 pm and 10 pm-5 am every day. Who am I helping today?

Can you send me a picture of the underside of the camper where the water is pouring out at?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The dealership got back to us with an answer

That is great news. For future reference, there should be 2 low point drains for hot/cold plumbing and then a fresh tank drains one or more if you have dual tanks. Normally they are near the drain hoses hanging down under the camper.

Thank you for seeking us for help, I hope I provided what was needed. Press reply if you need to follow up. If you liked my answer please let me know so I can mark your question complete. Moose

It's been a couple of days since you replied. I am going to mark your question complete for now. Reply as needed.