RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I’m installing a permanent deck in front of my door on my…

Customer Question
I’m installing a permanent...

I’m installing a permanent deck in front of my door on my 2021 cedar creek Hathaway 34ik. How do I take off the stairs?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '21 RV?

2021 forest river cedar creek Hathaway 34 ik

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Is this a real person or just computerized response

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I lifted them up but don’t see how to actually remove them. I was told by the sales person. This would be easy

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello I am putting a permanent deck in front of My 2021 Forest River Cedar Creek Hathaway 34 IK. When I told the sales people that this is what I wanted to do they said taking off the the steps that come with the RV would not be a problem it would be really easy. I am looking at my stairs and I don't see how to remove the stairs so I can put the new deck on can you help me thanks
4/10/2021
RV Mechanic: RandyL45, RV Technician replied 1 year ago
RandyL45
RandyL45, RV Technician

Hello, this is Randy in Texas. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK so I lift up the stairs and look at her knees and I just don't see any screws that can be actually disconnected I looked at a couple websites and a lot of them just have these pens that pull out but I'm not seeing thoseSorry about that underneath the stairs

Can you find a label with a manufacturer of model number?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Of the stairs or RVThe stairs are step above buy more ride

off the stairs

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The RV is a 2021 Forest River Cedar Creek Hathaway 34AK

You should be able to fold it in like you were leaving. The screws are undertone step top bracket

You may have to bypass the stop catch and over extend the steps into the house

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I see four screws underneath but what do I do about the the stuff that's on the inside you have to take that all off too
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is the area that I'm concerned about is the pieces that are on the inside against the wall do I have to unscrew the stuff on the inside of the wallOr is it just the four screws underneath

It should all come off in one piece.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will have to unscrew the screws that are on the inside of the RV on the wall

The hinge plate should have 2 hex head bolts that will need to be removed.

https://www.morryde.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/StepAbove_install_v5b.pdf

Look at the pic on step 3

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I see those those are actually on the stairs I'm talking about the plate that how house is the hydraulicsThat's on the inside of the RV

Correct, in the door jamb

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If I remove the screws that are on the inside of the RV then I won't have any molding covering between the wall and the door frameThis model doesn't look like it has a hydraulic little lifting in it on the pictures that you sent me

That big black bracket is Attached to the steps, correct? Welded or one solid piece, not bolted on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm concerned that if I take the screws out on the inside of the door frame if it's going to leave exposure of moisture and is there someway I can leave that played on and disconnect that from the stairs

No, it is all one piece. You can remove it and cut the bracket loose from the stairs and re install it.

But thats about your only option.

New idea. Can the deck be built over the stair in the open position?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The door won't shut then

The door won't shut when the steps are out?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Would it be OK to just in both these bottom bolts
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
just leave the hydraulics in place

Yes just be sure to remove the hydraulic first.

The hydraulic is very simple to remove. Are you familiar with doing it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK I think I got a plan in place for when the guy that's going to come install the deck so he can takeoff this the stairs without destroying the inside of my RV thank you for all your help

My pleasure

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If I have any questions when the guy gets here or is it OK if I text you againHe'll be coming this evening

Excellent, we are always here.