RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Can not find any wires to connect solar panels in a keystone…

Customer Question
Can not find any...

Can not find any wires to connect solar panels in a keystone carbon 403

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

No wiring diagram, keystone won't send it.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

We are installing the solar system, go pro elite, and rv is suppose to be pretty wired

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

We have cut the hole where the decal says to mount the controller

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

But there are no wires in the wall for the solar system. It should be pre wired

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
4/8/2021
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

Howdy from Tennessee, I'm Chris aka Moose. Who am I helping today? I'm glad you've come here to get help. I will do my best to get the answer you are looking for. I help many customers, so sometimes my replies are delayed, I will respond once available. I try to be online at 1-5 pm and 10 pm-5 am every day.

What year model is your toy Hauler?

Do you see any other labels on the roof or in the basement storage compartments in the front left corner indicating anything about the solar?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Jerry WilgusHave a cep on roof2020 keystone carbon 403No other labels

Hello, Jerry

Since Keystone manufacturing will not email you a diagram. I recommend taking it to the dealer for a warranty claim since it appears to have been manufactured incorrectly, missing the wiring that should be there. You may want to ask the dealer to see if they can get Keystone manufacturing to send them the wiring diagram. The last option is to do the complete wiring yourself but you run the risk of causing damage as you remove interior panels to gain access inside the walls.

Thank you for seeking us for help, I hope I provided what was needed. Press reply if you need to follow up. If you liked my answer please let me know so I can mark your question complete. Moose

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you tell me if the batteries are in parallel or primary and secondary

Keystone built is with one battery with the option to add a 2nd and 3rd. The top battery is normally the primary one. The RV uses a 12-volt system, so the batteries would be wired parallel, not in series.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the primary charges first?

If all of them are wired together. All will charge at the same time because the positive wires are connected to each positive terminal and the same for the negative ones.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The upper battery is grounded to the frame and the positive goes to a terminal block. The lower battery, both leads go up into the camper and I can't tell where they go.I haven't pulled out the DC box to tell where they go.

If you can provide images I may be able to figure it out.

This is the best image I can get off the battery storage compartment to compare to at 4:12 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTNBYj8AOuQ&t=922s The dealer installs the battery (s) not Keystone.

It's been a couple of days since you replied. I am going to mark your question complete for now. Reply as needed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry, we are in the middle of preparing for a celebration yesterday and today.

I understand