RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2005 Bounder diesel pusher. Leveling jacks will not operate,

2005 Bounder diesel pusher ...

2005 Bounder diesel pusher

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?

Leveling jacks will not operate, stuck retracted, alarm sounds. I had to disconnect the control panel to stop alarm.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '05 RV?

2005 Bounder 34H

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven’t decided whether to do it myself. Don’t know whether to take it to RV mech or freightliner shop, if I don’t do it myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Haven’t done anything yet

Answered in 1 hour by:
4/6/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you

IF you have hydraulic jacks you do want to check the fluid level in the tank, Fleetwood has used all electric and hydraulic jacks over the years. IF the fluid is low then the jacks may not work.

Most of these systems also have a control box that powers the control panel inside, I might take a look around for that box and make sure nothing has become disconnected, as a general rule it would be in one of the front pass through compartments mounted center of the over head or center of the dash area. I have seen some cases where the wiring gets disturbed when it is in a storage compartment.

IF you can send me a picture of the panel you use to operate the jacks I should be able to send you a service manual for troubleshooting, you can add photos into your response using the paper clip icon on the page.

Robert

Is that the exact panel?, they make about 50 different versions of that panel, the key will be the part number which is the P/N number on the pad. IF it is the(###) ###-####they used that one for both Hydraulic and Electric so I would need to know which version you have, IF you need to go to the RV to verify the P/N on the pad that is fine, I am around daily and respond when I can.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks

No problem at all.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Below is a link for a service manual, find the symptom you are having and then look at the wiring diagrams for reference. I would go through everything you can check and then maybe see if a mobile RV tech is in the area that can come to you. I used to do RV mobile repair in OR and would cover a 100 mile radius, normally if you do an online search RV mobile repair and the zip code you are at you will get a listing of techs in your area.

Robert

http://techsupport.pdxrvwholesale.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Power-Gear-Electronic-Leveling-Touch-Pad-Kit-Parts-and-Service-Manual-500629S-82_L0506.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you. I worked on RVs while I was taking the RVIA repair course and do have a mobile repairman I use when it's to much for an old man.
Again, thank you.

No problem at all!

I hope you have a fantastic day!

Take care, Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You, too.
You earned a top rating.

Thank You!

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Very knowledgeable and helpful.