RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Our frig and hot water heaterr both quit working after

Customer Question
Our frig and hot...

Our frig and hot water heaterr both quit working after having rv detailed today

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

I think something may have gotten wet when detailed

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2005 Fleetwood excursion

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Checked circuit breaker ok.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
4/2/2021
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

Howdy from Tennessee, I'm Chris aka Moose. Who am I helping today? I'm glad you've come here to get help. I will do my best to get the answer you are looking for. I help many customers, so sometimes my replies are delayed, I will respond once available. I try to be online at 1-5 pm and 10 pm-5 am every day.

I best they pressure washed it and this sprayed water into the covers on the water heater and fridge on the exterior causing both control boards to get soaked. I would check the boards to see if they are showing signs of electrical arcing, burn marks. Also, check the fuses on the boards to see if they have 12 volts or if the fuses are blown.

Thank you for seeking us for help, I hope I provided what was needed. Press reply if you need to follow up. If you liked my answer please let me know so I can mark your question complete. Moose

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where are the fuses located

They are on the circuit board for both appliances accessed by removing the exterior covers on the outside of the RV

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have the panel off outside of the frig but I don't see any fuses

Not all panels have fuses. Can you test the panel to see if it si getting 12 volts from the fuse/breaker panel inside the camper?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Both fuses are good at frig panel. But still frig and hot Water heater not working

Can you test the panel to see if it is getting 12 volts from the fuse/breaker panel inside the camper?

If you can provide the brand and model of both, I can get you the wiring diagrams for them.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have no tester I'm going to call it a night and get one in morning thanks

You are welcome

Checking in with you. Please let me know if you liked my answer, or need more help.

It's been a couple of days since you replied. I am going to mark your question complete for now. Reply as needed.