RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2005 RV Norcold refrigerator door will not open. Have tried…

Customer Question
2005 RV Norcold refrigerator...

2005 RV Norcold refrigerator door will not open. Have tried sliding the little gray that is inside the handle area, it doesn't move. Freezer door will open. Help please. Thanks, Sandy

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you know the model of your Norcold fridge? How old is it?

The trailer is new to us, so I assume the frig is original to the trailer so it would be a 2005. Don't have model information. Where would I find that?

Mechanic's Assistant: The Appliance Technician can help you find the model number for your refrigerator; I'll connect you shortly. How long has this been going on with your Norcold refrigerator? What have you tried so far?

Happened this morning when trying to get half-n-half out for coffee. Basically have only tried moving the gray button. Haven't wanted to pull to hard for fear of doing damage

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Appliance Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Don't know of anything at this minute

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/27/2021
RV Mechanic: Michael Reush, RV Technician replied 1 year ago
Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician

hello there!

Thanks a lot for the question!

Please, let me some time to figure it out the problem and write an accurate answer!

Most likely there is ice on the door that makes it impossible to open it.

I would recommend to disconnect the refrigerator for at least 1 hours, and then try to open the door.

The door sliding mechanism is super simply, it makes no sense this the problem. So most likely, it is or ice or something in the inside that is blocking the door.

In any case, it seems that you will need to use brute force to open it.

Thanks,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Turns out the door was stuck in the bottom. Just from sticky stuff getting on the door seal.
Thanks for getting back to me

OK!