RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a 40ft jayco rv 2017. Jayco eagle 2017. My husband…

Customer Question
We have a 40ft...

We have a 40ft jayco rv 2017.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '17 RV?

Jayco eagle 2017

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Eagle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes my husband is. yesterday morning when we left everything was good. then we get back and all outlet plugs are not working but the bathroom and bedroom .

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

My husband has the book. he has checked the breakers. at a stand still

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
3/24/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks, Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okaythank you

To start off locate the breaker panel inside the RV and shut off all the breakers and then turn them on, sometimes a breaker can trip and not look like it.

Next go around the RV and make sure you do not have a tripped GFI, these will be outlets with a test and reset on them, they are normally in the bathroom and or galley areas. They can also be located just about anywhere else including the outside of the RV.

If you have an inverter you want to find that as well and make sure a breaker is not tripped on it. An inverter allows you to have AC power when you are not plugged into power. Not all RV's have them, you would have a remote switch inside the RV to turn it on and off. An inverter makes AC voltage when you are NOT plugged in.

Finally if you had a loose connection at one of the outlets the others will stop working, you may want to isolate the AC power and check each non working outlet, look for any loose, melted wires etc.

IF all the above is good you might want to do an online search "RV mobile repair" and the zip code you are at, you should get a listing of mobile RV techs in your area that can come to you.

I understand if you checked some of these items.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Checked GFI plugs turned all breakers off and on looked at fuses but didn't change any

Would not be a fuse, and I understand if you check some things out. Might want to see if a mobile RV tech is in the area that can come assist you, normally if you do an online search RV mobile repair and the zip code you are at you will get a listing of techs in the area, I covered all the basics with you.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanks found and fixed problem

Great! Thanks for the update on this.

Have a great day!

Robert