RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2015 Roadtrek Adventurous CS. No water coming from hot water…

2015 Roadtrek Adventurous CS...

2015 Roadtrek Adventurous CS. No water coming from hot water faucets. Cold water faucets working fine. This happened once before and a valve had been closed, but I have not changed anything. Have only used it with city water before. Now going out with water from the van's tanks. What are the correct valve settings? I have closed the two in line valves that go out the floor. When open, water drains out. But nonthing is coming out of the hot water faucets in the shower or galley sink.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaks lately?

27,000. No leaks.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '15 RV?

Roadtrek Adventurous CS

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have opened and closed the inline valves. When open [positioned in line] water pours out of the bottom of the van behind the drivers rear wheels, powered by the water pump. When closed [in line valves across the line] no water leaks out underneath, but only the cold water faucets work.

3/13/2021
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 1 year ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok

Good afternoon! My name is ***** ***** I am a Master Certified RV Technician and have been in this business nearly 20 years and on this site for over 11 years. I have responded to over 60,000 questions, so there is not a lot I haven't seen or heard about.

Sorry for the delay in someone getting to your question here! It has been crazy busy these last few days. I used to have an RV repair facility and worked on these systems for a living. Please give me a few minutes to type up an answer here for you. And don't be alarmed if I don't get right back to you when you respond. We work on more than one question at a time here when it is busy like it is now. I may be on a phone chat with another customer and those last less than 5 minutes. Your patience is appreciated! Thanks! Randall

Thank you for bringing your question to us here at Just Answer and I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your hot water supply. I can assist you with this issue.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Great. We are leaving for a camping trip tomorrow and just discovered this problem.

The most common reasons for just having no hot water are that either the winterizing bypass valve(s) are in the wrong position OR the hot water check valve is plugged up with calcium deposits. Those have to be cleaned and even replaced sometimes. If this is an older Atwood XT model then the mixing valve may be needing to be cleaned up or replaced. Neither of these are two hard to do if you are somewhat handy with tools as along as you can get to the rear of the water heater. I would start there and let me know the make and model of your water heater and then I can add more here and a link to the correct Service Manual. I will be available for about the next 20 minutes or so and then I have to go out on a Service Call and may be gone for a few hours before I get back again. I hope this proves helpful here and points you in the right direction. Randall

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Phone call session started