RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2014 Travato 59G It has a Dometic refrigerator that…

I have a 2014...

I have a 2014 Travato 59G It has a Dometic refrigerator that started leaking a very sulphur like smell. I am told that is the condensor going bad? Do I need to replace the whole unit (seriously unavailable from every wholsesale and retail outlet) or can it be repaired ? Thank You

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?

I bought the ARV last year used with 14K miles I have put 1nother 12K miles on this last year. Mainly freeway and good roads...no off road...no overly pot-holed one either.. I imagine the hoses are the original ones ..

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '14 RV?

Oops RV not ARV

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Winnebago Travato no...I have not tried to repair yet or anything

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that is everything

3/9/2021
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago
KevinS121

Howdy and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** and I am a Master Certified RV Tech. I understand how frustrating RV issues can be. I have been working on RVs for 35 plus years. I see you have issues with your refrig. The cooling unit is bad and you can replace just the cooling unit or you can replace the whole refrig.

What is your model of your refrig?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is it the cooling unit going bad that causes that horrible smell?
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago

yes. It has formed a leak. I would recommend replacing the whole refrig instead of just the cooling unit. You will get a warranty on a new refrig

KevinS121
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago
Phone call session started
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago

This site rebuilds refrig cooling units. They might be able to rebuild yours. wish you luck on this one.. The only replacement refrig are wider and shorter than what you have. I am including a chart for you for replacement refrig.

http://w2.distone.com/bradstrailer/downloads/RefrigeratorReplacement.pdf

https://rvpartswholesale.com/shop/home/

RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago

Glad I could help. I appreciate good ratings for my service today. If you are not satisfied with my service today, please let me know so I can do better next time. There are also other experts available to help you as well. Thanks for using Just Answer and have a great day.

Happy Rving

***** *****

RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago